K is for Kiddo

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee...

i've been working at the local coffee shop, tazza bella (meaning beautiful cup) for almost a month now. i LOVE it. my first job was in a coffee shop & i'd been wanting to get back to one for a long time now. the people i work with are great and the customers are nice & never snotty (unlike some of the places i worked in iowa city). i even had a couple come up to me yesterday & tell me what a pleasure it was to have me working there.
i recently discovered that my boss, denise, is also into scrapbooking. she going to be hostessing a scrapbooking party at tazza bella next month. it'll be a blast!!! her sister, jeanette, is the owner, & they want me to make up some of my altered letters to spell out tazza bella to put up in the shop. i'm so excited.
i'm finally starting to branch out in the realm of scrapbooking. i made my first altered tin this week & am planning to play around with other objects. here's a link to a picture of the tin:
http://www.scrapjazz.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=123997
anyhoo, i also signed up at mosh posh to get a monthly kit with all kinds of cool stuff. i just got my first kit today. it's got part of american craft's new downtown paper collection, coordinating ribbons & cardstock, bazzill pockets, making memories ribbon label, & doodlebug rub-on letters. it's only $20 a month, which is pretty good considering all the stuff i got!!! well, i'm off to have fun with this stuff...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home